Gazebo | Ignition | Community
Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Ok, so catch was using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

  1. Convert xacro to urdf by running
rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf

Yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo

  1. Convert urds to sdf by running
gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf
  1. Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision
<collision>sensor_collision</collision>

Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did

Ok, so catch was using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

  1. Convert xacro to urdf by running

(yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo):

rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf

Yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo


  1. Convert urds to sdf by running
sdf:

gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf

  1. Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision

<collision>sensor_collision</collision><collision>chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1</collision>

Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did

Ok, so catch was using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

Convert xacro to urdf (yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo):

rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf


Convert urds to sdf:

gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf


Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision

<collision>chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1</collision>

Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did

Ok, so catch was that I'm using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

Convert xacro to urdf (yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo):

rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf


Convert urds to sdf:

gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf


Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision

<collision>chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1</collision>

Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did

Ok, so catch was that I'm using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

Convert xacro to urdf (yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo):

rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf


Convert urds to sdf:

gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf


Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision

<collision>chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1</collision>


Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did

Ok, so the catch was that I'm using xacro instead of urdf... This video explains everything in details, in short - when you use xacro, it will be converted to sdf where collision names will be completely different (in my case bumper_collision turned into chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1) so to make it work:

Convert xacro to urdf (yes, "xacro xacro ", it's not a typo):

rosrun xacro xacro test.urdf.xacro > test.urdf


Convert urds to sdf:

gz sdf -p test.urdf > test.sdf


Get the right collision name from sdf file and use it in xacro for sensor collision

<collision>chassis_fixed_joint_lump__bumper_collision_collision_1</collision>


Hopefully it will help somebody to not run into the same issue I did